Thursday, January 12, 2012

2011 Lone Star River Run / Bachelor Party (Part 2)


Making our way to Luckenbach...



A few miles outside of Luckenbach Joe and I had fallen to the back of the pack. I had been following him for a few miles and was starting to notice an oily film on my grips and clutch lever. It wasn't until my front tire tried to wash out around a quick right hand corner that I realized we had a problem...


Major parts failure due to shitty engineering on my part! The bottom oil tank mount on Joe's sporty completely blown out. After assesing the situation we decided our best bet was to get the bike up the road to Luckenbach and see if any Brit bike guys could help. Within 10 minutes he had it. A very nice guy John noticed the blown out oil bag strapped to my sissy bar. He informed me that his son lived right up the road and could probably help out. John says, "meet me at the front gate, I will be on the green trike"...



I followed John and his old lady back to his sons place. John jr., the son, didn't have any gas for his welder at the house so it was decided we should go to his shop in town. John jr. works for the electric department and has free run of their maintenance facility...


New Millermatic...


New Jet bandsaw...


In thirty minutes John had me fixed up and I was headed back to Luckenbach. Joe and I hung the patched oil bag, ran the oil lines and cleaned his oil soaked rear tire. Time to find the crew and party...











The next day consisted of a whole lot of this, me working on Joe's bike as we made our way north to Fort Worth. Thankfully everyone was patient with me. 







It was a long hard run home but we finally made it back a few hours after dark. All in all another good trip that didn't result in jail, hospitals, or trailered motorcycles. Back in the shop....






No comments:

Post a Comment