Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Born Free III (Part 2)

The morning of Born Free we were up early, well BJ and I were. J was in slow motion. Luckily for him my bike refused to start, otherwise i'm sure BJ would have left him behind. We met up with a few of BJ's buddies and headed north to Oak Canyon Ranch.

I was absolutely blown away by how many people and how much old iron was present. Simply amazing, Panheads were a dime a dozen and Knuckleheads around every corner...


I was too overwhelmed to take pictures. Here are the few I got...

A restored Denver's bike...



I was interested in this cone shovel because the chop on the frame was so similar to mine...









Sunday J and rode to Huntington Beach to meet up with these two...Gray and Jeremy..


Jeremy took us to the pharmacy, I love California...


On Monday me, J, and Gray made our way north to Malibu. We spent a little time at Anuk's ranch up in the hills. Holy shit...





J and I met Ken Moreland at the show and on Wednesday we went by his shop in Solana Beach. Building choppers two blocks from the Pacific...


All in all it was a great trip. I got to ride motorcycles in southern California for a week, see some old friends and make some new ones. Thanks BJ for putting us up and letting us drool over your parts stash. The only way it could have been better is if this had been the winning ticket.












No comments:

Post a Comment